The Victorian Government has announced that from 11.59pm tonight (Wednesday 22 July 2020), all people living in Metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire will be required to wear a face covering or mask when leaving home. This is a mandatory requirement, the fine for not wearing or carrying a face covering or mask will be $200.00.
The only reasons not to wear a face covering/mask are:
- Medical reasons
- If you’re under the age of 12
- Professional reasons because it stops you doing your job
- People whose profession requires clear communication or visibility of the mouth
- If it’s not practical, for example running. You will still need to carry a face covering/mask at all times to wear before and after exercise
As of 11.59pm this evening, ONCALL staff will be attending shifts wearing a suitable face covering/mask.
We also prefer that participants receiving supports also wear a face covering/mask where possible but understand this may not be necessary or practical.
Our staff are trained on strict hygiene processes when wearing a face covering/mask including:
- Sanitising of hands before putting it on and after taking it off
- Fitting face covering/mask without touching the front of the face covering/mask
- Not touching one’s face covering/mask while wearing it
Additional measures to ensure we keep our staff, participants/clients and families safe
- If staff feel unwell – stay home and get tested contacting ONCALL Head Office to inform
- Requesting all staff get the flu shot – the flu shot is not a cure for COVID-19, but increases immunity, which is more important now than ever
- Download the Australian Government COVID-Safe app – we strongly encourage all ONCALL staff to participate in this initiative and download this app on their mobile phone
Thank you all for your ongoing support as we work through this difficult time together.