Disability Support Worker
ONCALL is a registered National Disability Insurance (NDIS) provider in Victoria. We support organisations with their emergency staffing needs and NDIS participants in their homes and out in the community.
As a Disability Support Worker, you will have access to a range of shifts – Morning, Day, Afternoon, Sleepovers and Active Nights to suit your schedule.
Casual Staff Services Disability Support Worker
ONCALL’s Casual Staffing team provide 24/7 relief staffing across Metropolitan Melbourne, Regional Victoria, Metropolitan Brisbane and the Gold Coast. ONCALL’s Casual Staffing team work with leading Disability providers to ensure no client goes without support.
ONCALL’s Disability Support Workers are assigned on a casual basis and can involve working in a variety of environments such as supporting clients in Residential settings, transporting clients to appointments, assisting clients in day programs, providing in-home support, respite care and emergency/crisis support.
NDIS Disability Support Worker
As an NDIS Support Worker, you will provide NDIS Participants and their families with 1:1 specialist care and support in their home and out in the community. You will get to know their personal needs and interests and deliver the assistance they need in daily life and achieving their goals.
In this role, you will be matched with NDIS Participants who seek support on a regular basis, this can include regular schedules and adhoc as required, so building a lasting relationship with the client you support is paramount.
What to expect
- Leading pay rates
- Weekly pay
- Fantastic work/life balance – Choose when YOU want to work and the ONCALL system and allocation team match your shifts to your availability
- A supportive shift allocations team who understands what you do
- Access to discounted courses through our Registered Training Organisation—ONCALL Training College.
Who we're looking for
- Skilled and qualified Disability Support Workers who take pride in delivering a professional service
- Those who are looking for flexibility and variety
- People transitioning from a similar support role eg: Aged Care, Nursing and are wanting to transfer these skills into a new sector.
- People with personal attributes such as: passionate, reliable, compassionate, proactive.
- People who can build positive relationships with ease
What you need to get started
- Relevant qualifications in Disability, Health and Community Services field and/or recent experience in the Disability sector or a similar role with transferable skills
- Up to date resume and recent references
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Blue Card (QLD)
- A current Yellow Card (QLD)
- Working With Children Check (WWCC) (VIC)
- Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check (DWES) (VIC)
- A car and current valid driver’s licence
- First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Administration of Medication
- Manual Handling
- International police check (if applicable)
Many of these mandatory requirements can take some time to obtain, particularly the screening checks. So the sooner you apply for these and are able to provide results, the sooner you can begin working with ONCALL.