The Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW) has released its first-ever report highlighting the social factors that influence the everyday lives of people living with a disability. The report was released on September 3rd, 2019 and is titled ‘People with disability in Australia’.
Drawing from several different data resources, the report looks at the experiences of over 4 million Australians and calls for a deeper understanding of the barriers and challenges encountered when seeking access to basic resources such as education, employment, and healthcare.
The key topics addressed are:
- People with Disability in Australia
- How many people have a disability?
- How healthy are they?
- What social support is available?
- How many experience discrimination?
- How many experience violence?
- What is their housing situation?
- How many receive housing assistance?
- How many are studying?
- How many are employed?
- What is their main source of income?
- What are the key data gaps?
To read the full report please visit the AIHW website.